The Institute of Economics at the University of Campinas (Unicamp) is pleased to host the 1st Unicamp International School on Development Challenges. The Institute of Economics at Unicamp has a long tradition of discussing development issues and participating actively in public debate.
The School aims to address development concerns of our time by selecting a different topic every year. This first edition will focus on the productive aspects of development, with special attention to the case of developing countries. The School will consist on lectures, debates and study groups on sustainable development, industrialization/deindustrialization, industrial policy and global value chains.
The first edition of the School will be online, between November 23rd and 27th, 2020 (Monday to Friday).
Confirmed lecturers are:
- Ademar Romeiro (University of Campinas)
- Alicia Bárcena (ECLAC’s Executive Secretary)
- Antonio Andreoni (University College London)
- Fiona Tregenna (University of Johannesburg)
- Luciano Coutinho (University of Campinas and ex-president of the Brazilian National Development Bank, BNDES)
- Yin Li (Fudan University)
How to Apply
Graduate students (MA and PhD) and junior researchers are welcome to apply. Firstly you have to register on the website:
After the registration, you must send the following documents to email@example.com with the subject “Application to Unicamp International School”:
- a short CV
- a short statement (max. 500 words) of your motivation to participate, particularly addressing how the School relates to your study and research interests
- a reference letter
There are no application nor registration fees.
Submission deadline: October 23rd, 2020
Please, note that the number of positions for the Unicamp International School is limited. Selected candidates will receive an email with the instructions to participate.
More information on the website aqui ou